Monday, April 10, 2023

The Forgotten Island by David Sodergren

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Creature Feature Fun" Stars!


Twisted Blood and Gore Action!

A small taste of what lies within:

Ana Logan along with her sister, Rachel decide that they want to go to Thailand to have some fun as Ana and Rachel want to reconnect after a rocky relationship. But when they both end up on a boat with some people from a party they had attended things go awry as the boat is drifting out in the middle of nowhere. 

The partygoers see land finally which looks to be maybe a deserted island so a few of them swim towards it to check it out but even though the island looks to be uninhabitable doesn't mean that there is no life on the island and before they all realize it they are in more danger than they could ever have imagined as "what" lies in "wait" on the island is far beyond their worst nightmares!

That is about all I can give on a small taste so if you want to know more then go read this book!

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author as far as a full novel as I read his work in an anthology recently which gave me a taste of his writing style. This book is parallel of those old "B horror movies" that I use to watch when I was a kid. 

Some of the characters I didn't care for but as far as the horror action along with lots of blood and gore kept me totally wrapped within the clutches of this story. There was some crazy and twisted stuff within this book to the point where I read this whole book within 36 hours as I could not put it down! There was quite a bit of "creature feature" action that kept my insomnia fueled a couple of nights and the pace picks up more once I read past the 50% mark of the book!

Another author added to my ever growing list of authors discovered! Looking forward to reading more work by this author in the future. 


Attached is the author, David Sodergren, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18377192.David_Sodergren

Attached is the author, David Sodergren, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/author/B07H1MB4MT

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5392866161

No comments:

Post a Comment