Saturday, April 22, 2023

Child's Play by Andrew Neiderman


 πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

Five "Twisted Terror" Stars


Creepy Kids!

A small taste of what lies within:

Alex and Sharon Gold decide to take in four foster children that are troubled with different family backgrounds with age ranges from teenagers to young children. When all the children get settled into their new home, Alex starts teaching them the ways of what he grew up learning from his father. 

Eventually the children become so well behaved that they are almost like soldiers as they listen to everything that Alex says and does whereas with Sharon they seem to blatantly ignore anything she tries to do for them. Though by the time that Sharon realizes what is really going on it is almost too late as Alex has taught the children more than just the normal ways of their lives he has turned the kids into some sort of sadistic cult and he will do anything for his "children" whether Sharon likes it or not!

That is about all I can give on a small taste without giving away spoilers so if you are intrigued then go read this book! 

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author and I have owned this book since 2016 but just never did step into it till now. 

I loved the writing style of the author and I was pulled right away into the storyline though it took a little time for the suspense to build up as there was a quite a bit of a backstory for each of the children so it took the author some time to get to the main gist of the story. 

Once the story started churning along with things that were happening then the story broke wide open and there was quite a bit of psychological horror weaved in throughout the book. I felt bad for the character Sharon as she had to endure what her husband was turning the kids into so I was in a state of anxiety through some of the book as I didn't know how it was all going to come together but I just kept reading as I wanted to see what was going to happen next. 

All in all I loved the story as it kept my insomnia fueled for the last few days as once I hit the half way point of the book then it just took off quick and I had a hard time putting it down after the 50% mark.  Looking forward to reading more by this author at some point as he has quite a few books out there to read. 


Attached is the author, Andrew Neiderman, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/145370.Andrew_Neiderman

Attached is the author, Andrew Neiderman, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Andrew-Neiderman/author/B00DWI0J2Q

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1807795997

No comments:

Post a Comment