Tuesday, April 18, 2023

IT (1990)

 

🀑🀑🀑🀑🀑

Five Clowns


Own on DVD

Thoughts:

One of my favorite horror movies of all time. I have watched this movie hundreds of times. I love the original movie as I love all the celebrities that played in this one. A few of them had played on tv shows that I grew up watching as well so to me this movie has an all-star cast. 

I know a lot of people love the remake better which I have seen but to me my love for this movie will always be with the original movie. 

I have read the book too which actually has been quite awhile since I have read it. I read it years and years ago like back in the 90's sometime so I am wanting to do a reread of it at some point as since I read it years ago I don't have a review for it over on Goodreads. 

When I first joined Goodreads which was back in 2011, I ended up inserting a lot of my King books that I had read in the 80's/90's within the website but I didn't write reviews as I didn't realize how important the reviews were at that time so I just added star ratings. So on my Goodreads "King" shelf some of his books are only star rated. I have since been doing rereads of his work and adding reviews to the books. 

So I have always been happy with this movie even though it is a long one - I have always enjoyed watching it and will always snuggle down in my cozy chair for a night of snacks/drinks and to pop this movie in for a night of scary thrills! 


Here are some movie gifs for added flavor on this movie blog:

















4 comments:

  1. Excellent review, Marie! That's a great, creepy and unforgettable movie. Don't forget..."They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Angel! :) I love that quote! :) Thank you for mentioning it. :)

      Delete
  2. A classic! I did enjoy the remakes and thought that Bill Skarsgard did an excellent job, but no one will ever beat Tim Curry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you on that, Karla! Tim Curry is and always will be Pennywise to me! :)

      Delete