Monday, April 24, 2023

The Midnight Man (2016)

 


Four "Scary Spook" Stars


Watched on Tubi


Thoughts:

I came across this movie Friday night as I was trying to find something to watch. There was one movie I wanted to see but the audio wasn't working on the movie so I just scrolled through the movies and came across this one. It sounded good so I decided to try it. The movie has not received that great of reviews and ratings but like with anything I like to try it out for myself. 

I thought the movie was really good as it had all the right spookiness and the actor, Robert Englund played in it as a doctor and Lin Shaye is in the movie as the grandmother. Gabrielle Haugh plays the granddaughter who really is the main character in the movie. 

The story is about an older woman (a grandmother) that has her granddaughter living with her as a caretaker as the grandmother has dementia and needs 24 hour care. But when her granddaughter invites over her boyfriend  - they discover in the attic a box that is sealed tight with string - when they open it out of curiosity they end up playing a game that is within the box - which summons the Midnight Man. (I thought I would toss out a small synopsis of the story to whet your appetite.).

There are quite a few jump scares within this movie and I found myself spooking out some but the spooky stuff moves at a fast pace as it kept me riveted to my chair. 

All in all a really good movie and I enjoyed it as I felt it was like one of those B-Horror movies. 


Unfortunately I could find no gifs for this movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment