Thursday, February 18, 2021

Black Acres (The Complete Collection) by Ambrose Ibsen

 


πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»

Five "Spooky" Stars

This was a creepy haunting story and it was sort of a reread, but not in this format as I had read this book when it was in separate installments back in 2016. I decided to step back into this world and revisit this storyline as this was the first work I had discovered of author, Ambrose Ibsen which sent me totally in pursuit of all his books. 

A small taste of what is inside:

A couple decide they want to buy a home that is located out in the middle of nowhere and restore the home to its former glory, but there are complications as they find out that the owners that had lived there before disappeared and no one knows what happened to them. Not only that but it seems the house and the grounds might be.....haunted. 

That is about all I can give on a small taste as you will need to read my review over on Goodreads.

Thoughts:

Slow buildup in the beginning of the story, but then as time goes on there is more revealed as I made my way through the book. There is quite a bit of the haunting atmosphere laced throughout the story with about the middle to the end things become more fast paced with a dose of suspense and mystery entwined within the pages of the book. 

For my full review of the book, Black Acres, by author, Ambrose Ibsen, please see my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2876864670

Attached is the author, Ambrose Ibsen, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14031995.Ambrose_Ibsen

Attached is the author, Ambrose Ibsen, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Ambrose-Ibsen/e/B00YBXIVS0



No comments:

Post a Comment