Sunday, June 7, 2020

The House by the Cemetery by John Everson



🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Hellish Halloween" Stars

Scary Legend!

A taste of what lies within:

Legend has it that the house and cemetery located in Bachelor's Grove was the site of where a witch had died and now the property is now haunted by her. Satan worshippers had performed rituals in the house through the years which make the property and house very active.

Mike Kostner and his friends decide that what place could be better to use for a Halloween house than the witch house. Mike wants the house to be the best Halloween house ever to scare the residents of the town. Mike and his friends start fixing up the house by buying all kinds of Halloween props along with setting up trap doors for moving around the place.

As the friends work on the house, they endure all kinds of strange things including knocking, footsteps, tools disappearing, and cold drafts. They don't really think much of it as they continue to work toward their goal of getting the house completed before Halloween.

When everything is completed and the scary night has arrived, Mike and his friends find out the true meaning of "haunted" as the ghost of the witch brings the "hellish" might down on everyone that enters her domain and the gore starts to fly as she makes her presence known!

Thoughts:


Wow! I just loved this book! This was a very creepy book and I knew by the cover of the book that I was definitely going to be "creeped" out! I was not disappointed I can tell you that right now as I was not only creeped out but I really didn't want the book to end after I laid it down!

I read the book back in 2018 and it is still with me as I have never forgotten about the book. I had read other books by author, John Everson before, but this book is what defined my taste to go after more books by him as I was just wanted some more "creepy" added to my diet! 

This book was not only loaded with suspense and atmospheric twists throughout the story, but I literally was moving at the speed of light through the story because I wanted to see what would happen next!  

So if you want to be scared out of your "wits" then go check out this book! :)



Attached is the author, John Everson's profile page from Goodreads:


Attached is the author, John Everson's profile page from Goodreads:


Attached is my review from Goodreads:



No comments:

Post a Comment