Sunday, June 7, 2020

Thoughts - General Reviews - Part II

Thoughts this week are reviews that make me think I am seeing double! :) Well if you want to know what that means then I will tell you. :)

It seems lately I have been coming across reviews where readers think they need to copy the blurb of the book and stick it into their review then giving a sentence or two on why they liked the book. In my opinion that kind of review does nothing for me at all because why do I want to see the blurb of the book twice? It is annoying and there is no need for it. 

The blurb of the book and the actual review are separate from each other. There is no sense in seeing the storyline of the book twice on there. When I see what the story is about then read the book and go write my review, I try to give a back story in my own words of what the story is about along with telling of how the story made me feel as I was reading it. 

That is what is most important to me on writing reviews. The story needs to be told from my perspective and what the story did for me as I was reading it. I think sometimes though that readers do not really know what to say so they that is why they copy the blurb of the book into their review so they will not have to worry about writing a review of how the book made them feel. 

I love being able to sit down after feeling the after affects of a book and just writing my thoughts of what the book did for me along with how it made me feel to read it.

So those are my thoughts this week on reader etiquette. Happy reading everyone! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment