Monday, August 28, 2023

The Metaframe War Series (Books 1-7) by Graeme Rodaughan

 Wow! What to say about this series....well there is actually quite a bit to say!




The author, Graeme Rodaughan created a world that includes vampires/vampire hunters along with loads of cinematic movie action and lots of moving parts within the storyline. I would consider this series to be an "EPIC" series as there is so much that happens within all the books that you basically have to keep notes to remember what has taken place as the series progresses. The series has just wrapped up as the author finished the series this year with the writing of the last book, The Metaframe Adept. 

There are "tons" of characters and supporting characters in this series as well, but once you get into the storyline and move through the books main characters return along with other characters making an appearance. The storyline becomes more involved within the world of the Metaframe from book one to book seven and the characters grow right along with the series.

I stepped out of my comfort zone back in 2016 as I had never really read books about vampires nor had I read books in the dark fantasy genre either, but the blurb of the first book in the series,
"A Subtle Agency" made me want to step into that world to see what it was all about as it seemed to be loaded with action and all I can say now is that I am thrilled to have taken that "giant leap" out of my comfort zone as what a thrilling ride it has been!

The writing style of the author is excellent and the action scenes that he weaves within the story are masterful! Reading the action scenes literally becomes a movie reel in your head as the visual aspects of the scenes flows in your mind and with every scene you feel that you are sitting in a movie theatre with the pulse pounding action playing out before your eyes!

You will see and feel the bullets flying:















The martial arts action scenes are just as smooth as the vampire and vampire hunters sway around each other while their katana blades clash in sparks! You will not only hear the blades clashing you will feel every thrust of the blade as the visual aspects of the scenes are brought to life on the page!
















Listed below are the books in the series and they are listed in order. The books must be read in order to understand the storyline! The books are not stand alone novels! I have also added links to my original blogs and reviews from Goodreads under each book to give you more of an insight to the books and the storyline. 




A Subtle Agency














Five "Pulse Pounding" Stars!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

My blog of this book:




A Traitor's War














Five "Blazing" Stars!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

My blog of this book:




The Dragon's Den














Five "Cinema Action" Stars!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

My blog of this book:



My review from Goodreads:

My Review of The Dragon's Den



The Day Guard














Five "Thrilling" Stars!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

My blog of this book:





The Crane War














Five "Booming" Stars!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

My blog of this book:




The Key of Ahknaton














Five "Raging Ramp" Stars!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

My blog of this book:


My review from Goodreads:



The Metaframe Adept














Five "Awesome Kickass Action" Stars!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

My blog of this book:


My review from Goodreads:



Also for even more added "spice" the author released an Omnibus which consists of the first three books in one volume. I am adding the omnibus in here as well along with my review.


A Subtle Agency (Omnibus)














Five "Action Packed" Stars!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

My blog of this book:



I am also including the author, Graeme Rodaughan's profile page links from Goodreads, Amazon, and Bookbub for easy access.


Goodreads Author Profile Page:

Graeme Rodaughan - Goodreads Profile


Amazon Author Profile Page:

Graeme Rodaughan - Amazon Profile


BookBub Author Profile Page:

Graeme Rodaughan - BookBub Profile


My wrap-up thoughts are:

So if you love action, vampires and vampire hunters along with breath hitching moments, characters that you care about, then go grab this series as once you step into the first book you will be transported to the action packed zone of The Metaframe War. 

The first book, A Subtle Agency sets the tone for the whole series and just within a few pages you will find action, suspense, tension, and intrigue which will keep you entrenched into this series for the long haul! 

Step aboard the vampire bullet train and get ready for the ride of your life into a series that you will find yourself invested in through seven books as the last book in the series, The Metaframe Adept brings all the emotions of the series to a full wrap! As sad as it was to see it all end I was happy and satisfied with an awesome ending to a series that kept me wrapped within the life of The Metaframe War for the last 7 years as the series started in 2016 and it has wrapped up for 2023. 


Highly recommend this series! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm touched. This is an amazing review. Thanks for being a wonderful reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, G! This series has been a part of my life for seven years and I will continue returning to it for many more! :)

      Delete