Monday, August 14, 2023

The Paintings That Hung (The Children and The Gods #3) by Angel Van Atta

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Dark & Mysterious" Stars


Spooky & Eerie Vibes!

A small taste of what lies within:

Sarah and Emma are back in this story as they were characters from the first book. Sarah and her family are on a road trip when they decide to stop in a thrift store loaded with knick knacks and all kinds of cool things. But this is not just an ordinary thrift store as something evil lies within the store that has the capability of changing the world which lies within the thrift store itself. 

A woman by the name of Zoila has already succumbed to the thrift store world changing fate and somehow ends up inside a painting that hangs in the thrift store. Unknown to Sarah and her family they have just stepped into a place that might not let them go as what lies within the thrift store is wanting to claim not only their bodies but their souls! 

Does Sarah and her family get out of their situation? Does Zoila escape the painting and get back to her real world? What evil is lurking in the thrift store and what is its agenda? No spoilers here as you will need to read this book and series!

Thoughts:

This was a great mysterious and suspenseful story! I was pulled right away into the storyline as the author just grabbed me and took me deep into the thrift store. I felt for the characters in this story as the perception of the store changed I found my anxiety creep up on me as I could feel the frustration and terror emanating from the characters as they had to endure what was happening to them! 

The pace is fast in this book along with tons of suspense and tension as the story barrels along into the unknown. This story has quite a bit of horror elements but it also leans a lot toward dark fantasy as well. I almost felt like I was in the Twilight Zone as the story twisted and tossed me around with wondering what was going to happen next to these characters! 

Another great book by this author and looking forward to reading the fourth book in this series!


Attached is the author, Angel Van Atta, profile page from Goodreads:

Angel Van Atta

Attached is the author, Angel Van Atta, profile page from Amazon:

Angel Van Atta

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment