Wednesday, August 30, 2023

The Box in the Cuts by Debra Castaneda


 πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

Four "Supernatural Mystery" Stars


Eerie Combustion!

A small taste of what lies within:

Samantha Reyes is on the high school newspaper team and she learns of deaths of high school girls that are found in unimaginable ways - parts of their bodies if not all parts are ash as if they were involved in a flammable fire. 

Samantha's first thought is spontaneous combustion and whether it exists or not but things become more spooky which leads her and some of her friends to wonder what else could be behind the deaths of the girls and they are going to find out what one way or another before anyone else dies! 

That is about all I can give on a small taste without giving away spoilers so if you are intrigued then go read this book!

Thoughts:

Normally I do not read a lot of the YA genre but the blurb of this story intrigued me and it sounded really spooky so I decided to jump in and read the book. 

I am so glad that I did as there was quite a bit of mystery of what was happening to the characters that were becoming fiery ash along with the young teenage characters trying to solve the mystery.  This was my first time reading this author and I realized after reading this book there is a sequel that I will need to read at some point. 


Attached is the author, Debra Castaneda, profile page from Goodreads:

Debra Castaneda

Attached is the author, Debra Castaneda, profile page from Amazon:

Debra Castaneda

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment