Saturday, September 5, 2020

The Demons of Cambian Street by Catherine Cavendish

 

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Shivering Suspense" Stars


Spooky Occult Chiller!

A small taste of what is inside:

Stella is slowly recovering from cancer and she wants to go somewhere that is peaceful and serene. Stella and her husband find such a place on Cambian Street. As they settle into the home everything seems fine at first, but then small things start happening that makes Stella wonder if she is imagining things. There is a cupboard in the house that has a lock on it which Stella finds curious, but she starts wondering what is really going on when the cupboard starts unlocking itself.

When Stella discusses it with her husband, he just laughs it off saying it is an old house, but what they don't know is that the cupboard is locked for a reason and what is in the cupboard is beyond their wildest nightmares. The more that Stella tries to relax and recuperate, the more activity starts flaring up in the home.



Stella makes friends with a woman (Rhiannon) that practices Wicca and along with her new friend they try to discover what is haunting the home as this is not the first time that something has happened there. What they find is a nightmare from hell!

That is about all I can give on a small taste so if you want to know more then go read this book!

Thoughts:

The book begins as a peaceful and tranquil time for Stella, but quickly builds in suspense, tension, chills, along with twists and turns all the way to the spooky end. After I was 30% into the book it just took off on an accelerating ride into the unknown as I didn't know what to expect with each page turn. 

Author, Catherine Cavendish created characters that wrap themselves around the reader and pulls them into the nightmare on Cambian Street.

I could feel the dreadful atmosphere of the house as I was reading the book and the more I became involved with the story, the harder it was for me to put the book down! I was literally at 70% reading this book before bed, but as the suspense, tension and spooky activity of the book increased, I ended up finishing it within a couple of hours as I could not put it down!

What a ride into horror this book turned out to be! I read this book back in November of 2018 and what I found inside was so full of spooks that it is a wonder my kindle didn't become haunted! πŸ‘»

So if you want a book that is going to "spook you out of your skin" and give you delicious nightmares then go read this book as it will wrap its tendrils of fear around your mind and take you on one hell of a ride!


Attached is the author, Catherine Cavendish, profile page from Goodreads:

Catherine Cavendish

Attached is the author, Catherine Cavendish, profile page from Amazon:

My Goodreads Review:

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment