Saturday, October 23, 2021

Skull Moon by Tim Curran

 


πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Five "Creepy Creature Feature" Stars


Wow! This book took off into the wild, wild "gory" west! 




A small taste of what lies within:

U.S. Deputy Marshall Joe Longtree is sent out to investigate a series of murders that has rocked the Montana territory of Wolf Creek. No one is sure of who or want could be killing people, so to dig down deep into the mystery of exactly what is going on, Longtree hopes to find out what is really happening in Wolf Creek. What he finds is beyond his imagination and he will have to figure out what he has to do with deal with something that is not of this world. 

That is about all I can give on a small taste as you will need to read my full review on Goodreads.



Thoughts:

This was a great western horror story that just grabbed me right away as this story took off with some action which kept me wrapped within the storyline and kept me there for the duration of the book. 

There is also quite a bit of blood and gore strewn throughout this book too. I wasn't expecting that I would need my gore suit for this book, but I had to wear it as there is quite a bit of graphic gore content within. 

When I read past the halfway point of the book, the action slowly starts to build up and by the time I got to about the 65% mark the action and suspense goes into full overdrive which actually drove me to reading this book till near four in the morning last night! I just could not put the book down! 

First time reading this author and I have a few more books to read by him on my kindle, so looking forward to stepping back into his world again soon. 


For my full review of the book, Skull Moon, by author, Tim Curran, please see my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1846240482

Attached is the author, Tim Curran, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/497865.Tim_Curran

Attached is the author, Tim Curran, profile page from Amazon:

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Western Horror! I have not read Tim Curran since Dead Sea, it was good but too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was really good too and not too long as it tops out at around 218 pages. Give it a try when you have time to shift some books around on your tbr. lol :)

      Delete