Thursday, October 12, 2023

1775 (The Haunting of Hadlow House #3) by Amy Cross

 


🌟🌟🌟

Three "Spooky Specters" Stars


Spook Central! 

A small taste of what lies within:

The year is 1775 and two men (George and Thomas) are wanting to kill King George so that the colonies can be free, but the two men make a mistake when they hide out in Hadlow House as they don't know what they have just stepped into as Hadlow House is never really empty as old ghosts still roam its halls!

That is about all I can give on a small taste without giving away spoilers so if you want to know more than go read this book and series! The books are not stand alone - they must be read in order to understand the story. 

Thoughts:

I thought the story was good as there is quite a bit that happens within the pages and the story is kind of short being under 200 pages so it makes for a quick read. There is some ghost activity that is interesting and intriguing along with some mystery set in a historical background. That is the plus side of the story but the negative side of the story was when the author Amy Cross would mix up character names and confusion would abound of who was who while I was reading the story. 

Other than that the story just became stuck within the house some and things going on in there with the ghosts that are part of Hadlow House. I would find myself getting bored within certain parts of the story as it didn't seem to move along quite as quickly as I wanted it to.

I am curious about the rest of the series though as to how Hadlow House plays out for the future years. So I will be continuing on with the series to see what happens next.  


Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Goodreads:

Amy Cross

Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Amazon:

Amy Cross

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment