Thursday, October 19, 2023

The Housemaid (The Housemaid #1) by Freida McFadden

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Twisted Psychological Terror" Stars


Suspenseful Twists & Turns!

A small taste of what lies within:

Millie is trying to get back on her feet after being in prison so she takes a job as a maid for a prestigious couple, Andrew and Nina Winchester along with their young daughter, Cecilia. 

Millie ends up being able to live in the house with the couple but things seem strange as the only room available is an attic room that has a door lock on the outside of the door but Millie is just happy to have a job and doesn't question anything. Millie soon learns though that things are not what they seem within the house and the Winchesters are not the perfect couple as the more Millie tries to do things in the house she seems to get blamed for stuff whether she is guilty or not and most of the accusations come from Nina! 

What is going on in the house? Why is Nina giving Millie a hard time? What is the secret about the attic room? No spoilers here so if you want to know more then go read this book!

Thoughts:

This book grabbed me right away as the author pulled me straight into the storyline. I sat down to read it thinking I would read just a couple or so chapters and the next I knew I had read a few chapters and became caught up in the story. 

The suspense just slowly builds up and I loved how the story just flowed along at a quick pace as I love the writing style of the author. Lots of intense moments in this book along with tons of twists and turns that kept my insomnia fueled to the point where I had a hard time putting this book down! One of the best psychological thrillers I have read in awhile! 


Attached is the author, Freida McFadden, profile page from Goodreads:

Freida McFadden

Attached is the author, Freida McFadden, profile page from Amazon:

Freida McFadden

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment