Friday, October 27, 2023

Chills (Kathy Ryan #1) by Mary SanGiovanni

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Chilling Cult" Stars

Spooky Suspense!

A small taste of what lies within:

The town of Colby is being hammered by a snowstorm but it is also being hammered by some ritualistic murders too. Local detective, Jack Glazer is trying to solve the crimes that a local cult may be responsible for called the Hand of the Black Stars. Not knowing what else to do he calls in Kathy Ryan who has occult experience as he hopes she can help out with solving the crimes before anyone else is murdered!

That is about all I can give on small taste without giving away spoilers, so if you want to know more than go read this book!

Thoughts:

This was my second book by this author as I had read another book in this series a few years ago not realizing at the time that the book was part of this series but the book could be read as a stand alone as the stories are different - they just have Kathy Ryan as the main character. All in all this first book was very good and has all the elements of crime and horror meshed well together. 

There is quite a bit of occult activity within this book which brings the elements of suspense, intrigue, tension, spookiness and horror flowing together within this book to the point where I found myself reading late into the night. 

I loved all the characters in this book and I thought the world building was done well as it didn't take long to draw me into the story as the author just throws the reader into the midst of the story without a lot over detailed descriptions. Looking forward to reading more books by this author in the future. 


Attached is the author, Mary Sangiovanni, profile page from Goodreads:

Mary SanGiovanni

Attached is the author, Mary Sangiovanni, profile page from Amazon:

Mary SanGiovanni

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review


No comments:

Post a Comment