Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The Summoning by Bentley Little

 


🌟🌟🌟

Three "Mysterious Vampires" Stars!


Creepy Suspense!

A small taste of what lies within:

In the small town of Rio Verde in Arizona strange things are happening in the local graveyard as bodies are being dug up and disappearing from their caskets. People are being killed and drained of their blood. 

Lots of mystery is seeping throughout the town as everyone thinks there is some kind of serial killer stalking the streets but when some of the bodies have puncture holes in the neck which suggests that maybe there are vampires involved, but there is no such thing as vampires or is there? 

That is about all I can give on a small taste without giving away spoilers so if you want to know more about this story then go read the book!

Thoughts:

This book was kind of a long drawn out story as I felt that there was just too much fluff that slowed the story down. This story could have been shaved down quite a bit as reading around 450 pages with most of the story being in slow mode just seemed to drag a lot in spots. Things did happen in the beginning of the book but then for some reason it just took time for the story to take off into the unknown. 

There also seemed to be an overabundance of characters that kept me from getting too attached to any one of them. The only difference with this story is that the author went in a different direction with the vampire in this story as he didn't stay within the traditional  elements of the vampire lore. 

It has been a long time since I read a book by this author, but I felt this book was not one of his better ones. Though I have owned this book for awhile and I am glad that I finally read it. Will continue to read this author as I have a few more books by him on my kindle. 


Attached is the author, Bentley Little, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2998.Bentley_Little

Attached is the author, Bentley Little, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Bentley-Little/author/B001IR18G4

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3994507063



No comments:

Post a Comment