Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Pumpkin Man by John Everson

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Crazy Pumpkin Carving" Stars


Dark Magic Themes!

A taste of what lies within:

Jenn inherits a cottage from her aunt Meredith that she barely knew and doesn't understand why her aunt left the cottage to her. Jenn is struggling over the loss of her father that was murdered and is iffy on going to a cottage that she knows nothing about but when her friend, Kirsten talks her into taking a chance on it - Jenn decides to go and Kirsten goes with her. 

Jenn and Kirsten are not there long when spooky things start happening within the cottage and when they both start exploring the place they find more then they bargained for as they learn that aunt Meredith was dabbling heavily in the dark arts and the legendary bogeyman that is known in those parts that has been dubbed the Pumpkin Man is somehow maybe connected to the cottage!

That is about all I can give on a taste without giving away spoilers so if you want to know more then go read this book!

Thoughts:

This story by author, John Everson just flows along as the minute I stepped into the book I was drawn right away into the storyline. I have read quite a few books by this author and I usually always just slip right into his stories as they are mostly always fast paced with drawing the reader right into his world.

This book was no exception - I became caught up in the storyline and really liked all the characters as I was drawn into what was happening within the cottage. There is quite a bit of suspense and mystery folded within the story as well along with some spooky scares weaved in that kept me on the edge of my seat. 

Another great book by this author and I will be adding it to my favorites shelf. If you want to read something spooky around Halloween then add this book to your Halloween tbr and let this author take you into the dark recesses of his mind! 


Attached is the author, John Everson, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/130045.John_Everson

Attached is the author, John Everson, profile page from Amazon:


Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment