Tuesday, March 21, 2023

The Cursed Among Us by John Durgin

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Wicked Witch" Stars!


Creepy Grave! 

A small taste of what lies within:

In the small town of Newport mystery surrounds a killing that took place 20 years before when the one of the town's own went on a killing spree, but things are not always what they seem as something evil lies within a lone grave out in the woods of the town. 

When friends Howie, Ryan, Todd, and Cory stumble across a grave while they are out filming for their school film class is when everything goes south as they uncover a grave that has some kind of ritual stones over the top of it. The friends do not realize that what they have discovered could lead to the death of the town as the evil being lying within the grave is a witch and she is about to bring her evil might down on the town of Newport with a vengeance! 

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author and I was impressed by how quick I was drawn right into the story! The writing style just flows along and slowly drew me into the story bringing the small town and all its happenings alive on the pages! I loved all the characters as I felt that I could just see them in my mind's eye as everyone went through the happenings within the town. 

The story never slowed down once as in fact the pace picked up as the story started to escalate once the friends discovered the grave out in the woods. The last half of the book I stayed up late into the night reading it as the story kept getting faster with more things going on and I just could not sleep as I kept wanting to see what would happen next! 

Looking forward to reading more by this author as I have another one of his books on my kindle that is simmering and I will be stepping into it soon. 


Attached is the author, John Durgin, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/22261926

Attached is the author, John Durgin, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/John-Durgin/author/B09TS2WPYH

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4827965274


No comments:

Post a Comment