Monday, March 27, 2023

Shot Girl by J.A. Konrath

 


🌟🌟🌟

Three "Gun-Nut" Stars!


Psycho Will Travel!

A small taste of what lies within:

Jack Daniels is back but under a different name (Jill Johnson) as things happened in the last book "White Russian" that threw everyone for loop and Jack along with her husband Phineas had to go off the grid and had to acquire a different name. Jack is also confined to a wheelchair and is having some life struggles as she tries to get her head together and keep her marriage intact. 

An unseen force is headed her way though as a psycho is on the loose and they both are on a path where they will collide to the point where Jack will have to figure out how to survive against a gun-toting crazy nut that just wants to kill people!

That is about all I can give on a small taste so if you want to know more then you need to read this series. The series is not stand alone - the books must be read in order as things happen in the previous books to the main characters which rolls over into the next book. 

Thoughts:

Normally I would have given this book four or five stars but this book reads more like a guns manual with gun laws that I just could not get that rating up to what I normally give out for this series. There are hardly any chuckles found within this book either as the character Harry McGlade is almost absent from this story and the rest of the characters including Jack are almost in a depression state. 

It was a struggle to read this book as I wanted to escape reality with some humor and just disappear into the world of Jack Daniels but almost the whole book is a heavy dose of "gloom and doom" about what happens within the story. 

There was some action within but normally there are some funny quips being tossed out by Harry as he keeps this series lively but with him being mostly absent from this story that made this book just downright depressing and I was happy to be done with it finally. I even read other books as I kept laying this one down and that is why it has taken me near two months to read this book as I just kept wanting to read something less depressing. This book also was a long drawn out 432 pages which was a lot of pages keeping me wrapped within a depressed state of mind. About a hundred less pages would have been a whole lot better. 

The author does state in the book that he went in a different direction with the book being wrapped around guns so he did dish out a warning and I knew that going into it but what I didn't know was that the book was saturated with depression of what the character Jack was going through with her problems and the book made me feel depressed. 

I am getting ready to step into the next book in the series which is Chaser and it is supposed to be back in the regular groove of the series along with Harry being back more in this book so I am looking forward to more humor/chuckles and less bleakness/despair. 


Attached is the author, J.A. Konrath, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/137270.J_A_Konrath

Attached is the author, J.A. Konrath, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/author/B000BCH4EM/

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4524963029

No comments:

Post a Comment