Sunday, October 16, 2022

Horror Movies - Halloween October Fest - Week of the 8th - 14th

 



My second week of horror movies are a little bit of a mix with movies I own and movies that I have not seen. So old and new to me are mixed in with this batch. 


October 8th

Spirit (2001) - watched on Freevee

My rating: πŸ’€









Plot/synopsis:

When Kelly and her father move to New Orleans after the death of her mother, strange things start happening in their new home. Kelly is convinced that the house is haunted by a ghost who needs her help. Her father does not believe her, so she enlists her friend Cole to help discover the truth.

Thoughts:

I didn't realize that Greg Evigan played in a ghost movie but as much as I use to like him back in the day - this movie wasn't memorable for him as I didn't even know that it existed. This movie was just.....odd and I didn't feel any spookiness with it at all. If anything it put me to sleep. You can turn off all the lights in your house with this one as there is nothing scary here! 


October 9th

What Lies Beneath (2000) - own this one

My rating:πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€









Plot/synopsis:

The wife of a university research scientist believes that her lakeside Vermont home is haunted by a ghost - or that she is losing her mind.

Thoughts:

This is one creepy movie and I don't care how many times I watch it - I still jump at the spooky stuff that happens in this movie. This is one movie that I make sure to watch right around Halloween as the creepy atmosphere is perfect for this time of season. 


October 10th

Hell Trip (2018)  - watched on Freevee

My rating: πŸ’€πŸ’€









Plot/Synopsis:

A group of young US tourists' vacation in Africa turns into the ultimate nightmare when they arrive at an abandoned lodge isolated in a remote African rural area that holds an ominous and deadly secret.

Thoughts:

This movie was a typical slasher movie giving it two stars for effort. The slasher was kind of a surprise but once everything started playing out I just felt that it didn't have enough blood for me otherwise I would have given it three stars. :) 


October 11th

Joyride 2 (2008) - own this one

My rating: πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€









Plot/Synopsis:

After their car breaks down in the desert, four friends try to find their way back to civilization while trying to escape Rusty Nail's bloody wrath.

Thoughts:

This second movie in this franchise is really good and I feel that there is quite a bit of tension with nail biting moments. This movie is almost as good as the first movie. Rusty Nail is just as bad a villain as he was in the first movie. 


October 12th

House on Haunted Hill (1959) - watched on Freevee

My rating: πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€









Plot/Synopsis:

A millionaire offers $10,000 to five people who agree to be locked in a large, spooky, rented house overnight with him and his wife.

Thoughts:

The older movies usually hold up as well as the newer movies now days. I love Vincent Price in this movie and though there are some cheesy moments I still felt the spookiness of the ghosts that appear in this one. 


October 13th

Christine (1983) - own this one  (Stephen King movie adaption)

My rating: πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€









Plot/Synopsis:

A teenage boy (Arnie) buys a car with an evil mind of its own and the boy's nature starts to change to reflect it.

Thoughts:

I read the book within the last three or four years and there are slight differences between the book and the movie, but I love this movie which shows how evil a car can be and that anyone can become a victim with this car! I find myself rooting for the car in this thriller as revenge is sweet as the victims deserved what they got for treating Arnie bad. The only ones that didn't deserve to be treated bad was Arnie's best friend, Dennis and Arnie's girlfriend, Leigh. 


October 14th

House of Wax (2005)

My rating:  πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€









Plot/Synopsis

A group of teens are unwittingly stranded near a strange wax museum and soon must fight to survive and keep from becoming the next exhibit.

Thoughts:

I love this movie too and I make sure to watch it every year around Halloween. The creepiness of the wax museum and the baddies in this one are enough to give you nightmares. I love all the characters in this one.....well except for maybe Paris Hilton - lol - but all in all the jump scares are timed perfect and this is definitely a nail biter right up to the end of the movie. 


That is my wrap up this week for horror movies so will see you all next week for more "spooky boo" fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment