Sunday, October 23, 2022

Scarecrows by Michael Bray



🌟🌟🌟

Three "Scarecrow Spooky" Stars


Spooky Strawmen! 

A small taste of what lies within:

When three friends (Dwayne, Randy, and Kenny) trespass on an old man's property (Jorell Samsonite) they get more than they bargained for when they start exploring the property as Jorell has scarecrows guarding his house and land. The friends find out real quick that the scarecrows are not ordinary and once they are on the property the friends might be stuck there with no escape!

That is about all I can give with a small taste without giving away spoilers, so if want to know more about the story then you will need to read the book!

Thoughts:

The story starts out creepy especially when the friends arrive on the property then things kind of escalate with some spooky happenings surrounding the scarecrows. This story is a short novella with about 44 pages so it was kind of quick read. 

The pace of the book picks up through the last half of the book but I wasn't happy with the ending of the story which that is why this book is getting three stars and not four. I was planning on giving it four stars but then when the ending hit me it left me wondering what happened. 

I know sometimes things are not wrapped up with a bow in horror books but I was thinking there would be more to the story and it just totally ends with a crashing boom leaving me with a "what was that ending about" look. Trust me - you would not want to see my face when I finished the book. Most of the time this author writes some cool books as I have read a few by Bray but this one isn't up there with those other cool books he has out there. 


Attached is the author, Michael Bray, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2301413.Michael_Bray

Attached is the author, Michael Bray, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Michael-Bray/e/B009GH9XCO

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2184569577


No comments:

Post a Comment