Thursday, October 20, 2022

The Shadow of the Gods by John Gwynne

 



🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Sword & Shields" Stars

Action Packed Fantasy! 

Thoughts:

I am not doing a background taste of the storyline as there is just too much that goes on within the story that it is best to just give out thoughts of the book. 

The story follows three characters: Elvar (a daughter of a Jarl), Varg (a thrall/slave), and Orka (a huntress). All three of these characters have their own paths they take within the story and you follow them closely of things that happen in their lives but as time goes on their paths will cross which happens with two of the characters and eventually I feel will happen to all three down the road into the other books as this series continues to expand. 

As I was reading about each character I became attached to each one and what each one has to do in order to survive in the world of Vigrio along with the friends they meet on their life paths. 

There is also tons of battle/blood action within this book as well as there is continued upheaval in the world as there is always something happening with one of the characters. 

The author, John Gwynne has become one of my favorite all time fantasy authors and I am putting this author in the league of Tolkien as the writing style of Gwynne just visually captures everything I want to see in a high fantasy story. 

The emotions of the story run rampant in this book and I was hooked from the first chapter as the author just drops you right into the storyline as there really is no world building with this book. Something happens right away in the book and I was taken so far away into this fantasy world that everything else around me disappeared!

Besides the characters there are also creatures that roam the land and will interact with all three characters keeping this story on a fast and fascinating pace! There is never a dull moment in this book! 

If I could give this book 50 stars I would as that is how much I loved this book and I have the next book, Hunger of the Gods as well which I will be looking forward to reading soon. 


Attached is the author, John Gwynne, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5898355.John_Gwynne

Attached is the author, John Gwynne, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/John-Gwynne/e/B00A7RL2X0

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment