Friday, October 28, 2022

Hobbomock by Ryan C. Thomas

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Wicked Evil Witch" Stars

Blood and Gore Action!

A small taste of what lies within:

Four teenager friends (Josh, Hunter, Gemma and Kailyn) want to spend some time together out at a cabin that Josh's dad owns. The cabin is so far out in the woods that cell phone reception is spotty, but the teens don't care as the guys are wanting to play a card game and the girls are wanting to study star gazing. What they don't realize is that some other teens show up crashing the solitude thinking there is a big party going on out at the cabin. 

All of the teens are in for a evil surprise though as a witch is roaming the woods and she is out to cause harm to anyone that steps onto the land. When the teens realize that she is on the hunt for them it becomes a need for survival for all of them to stand against her!

That is about all I can give on a small taste and if you want to know more then you will need to read the book!

Thoughts:

This was my second book by this author and I have been wanting to read it for awhile. There is lots of blood and gore action throughout most of the book and it is all described in graphic details. 

The pace of the book is fast as I could hardly put it down! Not too long after the teens get to the cabin the mayhem begins with the witch and most of the book is the teens just trying to survive. 

I really enjoyed this story as the witch character is about the evilest witch I have ever read and the things she is capable of doing to the teens kept me on the edge of my seat along with staying up late reading it. 

However, there are trigger warnings in this book too for animal lovers. So however you would want to handle reading about pets being harmed you might want to skip over that part. I could not read those parts myself. 

The only other complaint I would have is that the story dragged on too long as 80% of the book is about the witch attacking the teens and the teens trying to figure out how to kill her. Though the book does fall under the 200 page mark I still thought that it could have been made shorter with all what was transpiring within the story. It just seemed to meander way too long with the things that were happening with the characters. 

All in all though the book was great and I am looking forward to reading more books by this author. I have a few more on my kindle by him to dive into at some point. This is a great book to read around this time of year and a great book to read for Halloween. 


Attached is the author, Ryan C. Thomas, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/457864.Ryan_C_Thomas

Attached is the author, Ryan C. Thomas, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Ryan-C-Thomas/e/B002ZOBAQW

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4284548519

No comments:

Post a Comment