Monday, August 30, 2021

Ghost Road Blues (Pine Deep #1) by Jonathan Maberry

 


πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Five "Bone Man Boo" Stars


Wow! This was an excellent creepy story!

A small taste of what lies within:

The small town of Pine Deep is saturated in spooky lore that revolves around the Bone Man which is traced back to 30 years before when something tragic happened in the town. Every year since there has been a haunted hayride that surrounds the lore of the Bone Man, but this year everything is disrupted when three wanted criminals come through the town and the Bone Man makes an appearance along with another haunting that is layered within the town. 

That is about all I can give on a small taste as you will need to read my full review on Goodreads. 

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author as I have had this book on my tbr for a long time. I finally decided to step into the book to see what all the fuss was about as over 100 of my Goodreads friends have either read it or it is on their tbr to read. This book just grabbed me right away as the writing style of the author just pulled me straight into the storyline! 

The book is a little bit of a slow burn, but the horror that lies underneath the story slowly brings itself forth as time goes on and once the criminals come to the small town the story explodes with suspense and tension along with spooky tendrils of fear that surrounds the haunting of Pine Deep.  I will be looking forward to reading the second book in the trilogy which is "Dead Man's Song". 

For my full review of the book, Ghost Road Blues (Pine Deep #1), by author, Jonathan Maberry, please see my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2086795469

Attached is the author, Jonathan Maberry, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/72451.Jonathan_Maberry

Attached is the author, Jonathan Maberry, profile page from Amazon:


2 comments:

  1. Glad you found yet another winner, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeffrey! Another author added to my ever growing list! :)

      Delete