Saturday, August 21, 2021

Last Wrong Turn by Amy Cross


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Bloody Brutal" Stars


This was a brutal and bloody story! 

A small taste of what lies within:

A horrific car accident happens to Pete and Penny, but things go from bad to worst as Penny ends up tied to a table in an old barn and her husband Pete ends up in a bad way. That is not the worst of it as Penny is pregnant and her captor wants the baby!

That is about all I can give on a small taste as you will need to read my full review on Goodreads. 

Thoughts:

This story was brutally gory and violent along with psychological terror throughout the first part of the book. The second part of the book was a little more milder, but the suspense and terror were still ingrained in the story.  

Though the story was fast paced and kept me glued to my seat I had a few "grumblings" within the story as there were quite a few unanswered questions that left me hanging on the clothesline whipping in the wind so I never could figure out what happened with certain things in the book. 

The first part of the book was almost like high octane as I read most of the first half of the book within a couple of hours but the last half of the book became almost like I was running on vapors as the story took a turn toward the twilight zone and left some loose ends within the story that were never answered. 

All in all though the story was bloody, gory, and chock full of terror which I love along with the suspense and tension that kept me wanting to read the book. 

For my full review of the book, Last Wrong Turn, by author, Amy Cross, please see my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2501530604

Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5344482.Amy_Cross

Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Amazon:

2 comments:

  1. Nice review, Marie. I've got another one of Cross' books on my Kindle. I'll have to check this one out too.

    Jeffrey C.

    ReplyDelete