Wednesday, May 3, 2023

The Devil's Coming to Get Me: The Haunting of Malvern Manor by Richard Estep

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Freaky Creepy" Stars!


Spooky Haunting!

A small taste of what lies within:

Paranormal investigator Richard Estep along with his investigating crew decide to spend three days and nights in Malvern Manor that is known in the area as being haunted. After Estep watched the paranormal show "Paranormal Lockdown" that featured the manor he decided that he wanted to check it out for himself. The home was many things before becoming a manor with all kinds of people living within its walls which has brought about some different entities that live within the manor including a shadow man. 

Thoughts:

This book started out mild as up to about the 35% mark the author discussed some different things about the book with background information of what the manor had gone through as a building in the past along with the kinds of people that passed through there. After the 35% mark begins the actual investigation of Estep and his crew. This is where things get really interesting and creepy as Estep goes into details of what they are doing with their devices and what the devices do along with what they are hearing and seeing. 

Reading this story literally captures the visuals of what the author is writing about as I can almost see what he is writing. I do watch those kind of paranormal true shows and have been watching them for years so I am familiar with the devices that he is describing. 

This story goes into full spooky mode though after the 50% mark which kept me glued to my kindle as things started happening. I did go over to the Discovery+ channel to watch "Paranormal Lockdown" as I wanted to see the show that Estep was talking about that surrounds the Malvern Manor but on that show with Nick Groff and Katerina Weidman  they did not seem to experience a lot like Estep and his crew were experiencing. So I think Estep and his crew stirred up something as there seemed to be more activity with their investigation. 

All in all this was a great book which kept me on my toes and gave me some weird dreams. Yeah - I had some interesting dreams from reading this book which sometimes is a given when I read true paranormal stuff. I also liked how this author describes things and goes into details of what they are experiencing. I am planning on reading more books by him and his haunting experiences. 


Attached is the author, Richard Estep, profile page from Goodreads:

Richard Estep

Attached is the author, Richard Estep, profile page from Amazon:

Richard Estep

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Goodreads Review

No comments:

Post a Comment