Tuesday, May 30, 2023

The House at the End of the Lane (The Children and the Gods Book 2) by Angel Van Atta


 πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

Five "Scary Spooks" Stars


Haunting Horrors!

A very small taste of what lies within:

Ellis and Amanda Moraley along with their five children move into the Moraley house which has been left to Ellis after his father had died. Not too long after moving in though things start happening with the house being haunted as the house had been empty for years so when the family arrives the house wakes up an ancient evil that wants to welcome them properly! 

That is about all I can give on a very small taste without giving away spoilers so if you are intrigued then go read this book!

Thoughts:

Once again the author, Angel Van Atta grabbed me from the moment I stepped into this story as I love haunted house stories and this story was spooky as hell! I had some interesting dreams while reading this book and though I didn't actually leave a big light on in my room I did make sure that my night light small lamp was facing my way while I slept! πŸ‘»πŸ‘» 

Bravery you say? lol  Not while reading this story! It spooked me out of my skin and if it does that then I know the author is doing something right! Plus there is some blood and gore weaved within the pages of this book as well which gives this book an extra kick as I had to grab my trusty gore suit! Looking forward to reading the third book in the series soon to keep my "scared meter" at an all time high! πŸ‘»


Attached is the author, Angel Van Atta, profile page from Goodreads:

Angel Van Atta

Attached is the author, Angel Van Atta, profile page from Amazon:

Angel Van Atta

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this beautiful review! It reminded me of this time I was doing a read through to look for any missed typos about a year ago while on a camping trip. My husband and son had gone off on their dirt bikes, leaving me alone in the tent, looking out at the forest before me and suddenly it was after dark and Ellis was taking his walk through the underbelly of his home and I had to stop for the night. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… I am so excited that you enjoyed this book and I absolutely appreciate you sharing your thoughts and including me in your blog. ❤️❤️❤️ You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Angel! It was my absolute pleasure! Love the small story up there in your message as it seems you spooked yourself while editing. lol You pulled out all your scary emotions that you were feeling and transferred them to the book for us readers! Absolutely amazing to be able to capture the reader and transport them into your world. Cannot wait to read the rest of the series. Thank you for your sweet words. :)

      Delete