Tuesday, March 29, 2022

The Ravenous Dead (Gravekeeper #2) by Darcy Coates

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Screaming Spook " Stars

Malevolent Shade!

A taste of what lies within:

Keira is back along with her friends Adage, Mason and Zoe as they try to figure out what is keeping a serial killer shade apparition from the 1800's tied to the forest behind Keira's cottage and she wants to know why the shade seems to be after her. 



In the meantime, Keira is almost kidnapped from the people that were chasing her in the first book as she accidentally runs into them and she tries to figure out why they are still after her. 

The only thing she can do is try to piece the puzzle together and hopefully fill in her memories of her previous life. With the help of her friends she is going to try and solve not only the mystery of her former life but also try to help the ghosts move on into the next life. 

Thoughts:

This story started a little slow for some reason even though it kind of picks up right where the first book left off, but around the 30% mark the story escalated and kept me on my toes as ghost action became intense along with the happenings of the men who are after Keira. The pace picked up so much that it kept me up half the night reading the book as I just could not put it down! 

I love the characters in this series as all of them have become attachable. I found myself chuckling some throughout the book as the character Zoe makes me laugh with some of the quips she throws out toward her friends. All of the characters though just mesh together and I am so looking forward to the next book in this series. 

The mystery of Keira's past is high on my list of who she really is and why people are looking for her still. There is a deep mystery surrounding her past and the author is still keeping it under wraps, so I will be waiting to see what the next book reveals. 


Attached is the author, Darcy Coates, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7734837.Darcy_Coates

Attached is the author, Darcy Coates, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Darcy-Coates/e/B00HVNVT0E

Attached is my review from Goodreads:


No comments:

Post a Comment