Sunday, March 27, 2022

Flight or Fright by Stephen King

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Fly The Frightful Skies" Stars

Hang on Tight! 

A taste of what lies within:

This book was interesting, but here is the nitty gritty, if you are a frequent flyer, I don't think it would be good idea to read this book on your flight. Actually I would advise against it as some of the stories within this book will make you wish that you hadn't read it and it might have you sleeping with the oxygen mask attached to your face the whole trip. There are 17 stories within these pages written by different authors, but I have some favorites listed below.

Favorite stories are:

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet by Richard Matheson

The Flying Machine by Ambrose Pierce

Two Minutes Forty-Five Seconds by Dan Simmons

Air Raid by John Varley

You Are Released by Joe Hill

Murder in the Air by Peter Tremayne

The Turbulence Expert by Stephen King

Thoughts:

Before I even made it to chapter one, I was already dreading what was ahead of me as the introduction by Stephen King was scary enough to where I never want to fly. Here is a small blurb from his introduction: "Yet you are entering what is basically a tube filled with oxygen and sitting atop tons of highly flammable jet fuel." Now if that doesn't send shivers down your spine, I don't know what will as now I cannot get that image out of my head!

I have flown one time when I was young, but after reading this book, I have decided that I don't even want to attempt stepping foot on a plane ever again.

So with that being said, I did enjoy the book but I only enjoyed them, because like I said, I know I won't be "flying the friendly skies".  πŸ˜†


Attached is the author, Stephen King, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3389.Stephen_King

Attached is the author, Stephen King, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-King/e/B000AQ0842

Attached is my review from Goodreads:


No comments:

Post a Comment