Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Dracula by Bram Stoker

 


🧛🧛🧛🧛🧛

Five "Fangtastic" Vamps!

Classic Vampire Story!


I am not going to do a taste within on this story as everyone should know what this story is about but I will give out a few thoughts. 






Thoughts:

This was my second re-read of this book, but when I first read it back in 2017 I was just mesmerized by the storyline and the spookiness of the story itself. This book was also the first book I had ever read that was written in the form of a diary. I have to say that it was also the first book that I had read with that type of old writing style as well so it took some time getting use to how the book was written, but this time I just slipped right back into the storyline. 


The author, Bram Stoker just slowly pulls you into the story and the creepy buildup of what the character Jonathan Harker has to endure as he stays with the Count is just loaded with trepidation of what is going to happen next. I read the book a little slower this time to absorb the happenings with Harker and his tale of his stay in the castle. 


I was more spooked out this time around for some reason with reading the book slow and the part of the story where the Count is climbing the wall still freaks me out. I don't know why really but I still get the "heebie-jeebies" when I read it. I can just imagine the horror felt by Harker as he has to deal with everything and I slipped into that time era as well while reading the book this time as I became more in-tune with the emotions of what Harker was experiencing. 






This book is definitely a timeless horror classic! This book is considered the great-great grandfather of all vampire books and it is a book that should be read by all vampire/horror fans. 


Highly Recommend!


Attached is the author, Bram Stoker, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6988.Bram_Stoker

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

2 comments:

  1. The "loaded with trepidation" line is perfect, gosh I really have to pick this up, such a classic should really be read by everyone.

    ReplyDelete