Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Shadow Detective (Books 1-3) by William Massa

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Shadow Supernatural" Stars


I am going to set out the individual books with a taste then do overall thoughts for all three books.

Book 1: Cursed City

Mike Raven is a monster hunter and when a beautiful woman (Celeste) walks into his office needing help with the supernatural then how can he refuse? Mike doesn't realize though just how much trouble he will be getting into by helping Celeste, but he finds out quickly that trouble just seems to be his middle name as demons are underfoot and Mike needs to show them who is really the boss of his city. Mike also hooks up with Detective Jane Archer who he has to convince that there are otherworldly creatures roaming the earth. 

Book 2: Soul Catcher

Mike is back for another round of supernatural activity and this time he is up against a vindictive and vengeful ghost that will do anything to go after the Mike's love interest (Jane Archer). Once again Mike has to use all of his powers to keep the spooks at bay and to keep his wits about him as he goes full throttle on the ghost and the other supernatural baddies a/k/a vampires that pop up in this installment. 

Book 3: Blood Rain

Mike's love interest (Jane Archer) has been turned into a vampire in this installment and Mike will have to figure out how he wants to take her out as there are quite a bit of emotional play to be had as she roams the city feeding on the citizens. Mike will have a battle on his hands as he comes to terms with his old flame cruising the city nightlife and causing blood to flow. 

Overall thoughts for all three books:

This was my first introduction to this author and this is what set me on the "Massa" book road as when I first read this omnibus back in early 2020 I was impressed with how the writing style just flowed along and the fast pace of these books just kept me glued to my kindle. 

I love the character, Mike Raven as he doesn't shy away from danger and if anything dives head first into whatever situation that he finds himself in. The action is furious within these first three books and it stays heated throughout the whole omnibus.

Side Note: 

I am now continuing on with the rest of the series and right now I am reading Books 4-6 and will continue to finish out the series as I own the rest of the books. I have missed Mike Raven and his action packed ways, so it is time to get back to kicking some ass with the Shadow Detective series! 


Attached is the author, William Massa, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7351982.William_Massa

Attached is the author, William Massa, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/William-Massa/e/B00G5D8ITQ

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2854755614



2 comments:

  1. It says a lot about a character when you miss them after finishing the story, gosh this sounds wonderful Marie. Reminds me a bit of the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kasia! Great comparison as yeah these books do lean toward that type of world. I have actually read the first six books in the Dresden Files - another series I need to finish! lol But William Massa's books just have struck a chord in me as I love his work! :)

      Delete