Monday, February 28, 2022

Dying Valentine by Calvin Demmer

 


🌟🌟🌟

Three "Vindictive Valentine Woes" Stars


Horrified Valentine's Day 

A small taste of what lies within:

Daniel Hill was a jumble of knots on Valentine's Day as he was going to be meeting his girlfriend's Julia's parents for the first time and he wanted to make a good impression, but when he hit a woman pedestrian in the street with his car, the whole night went to hell in a handbasket quickly especially when he offered to take her home to let her get cleaned up and Julia shows up unannounced!

That is about all I can give on a small taste as this story is very short - around 25 pages but it packs a punch at the end of the book. 

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author though I have owned some of his books for awhile, but I am just now stepping into them. The pacing was fast, but the story just seemed to be rushed and it was kind of over before it started. 

The story was really good, but I wish it had been a longer to get more of a feel for the characters. I would have liked to know more about the character Daniel and his girlfriend, Julia, but the story opens up with Daniel driving and there is just no detail on his character as things escalate through the short story all the way to the end of the book. I have a few more books by this author, so I will be stepping into more of his work in the future. 


Attached is the author, Calvin Demmer, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/9815686.Calvin_Demmer

Attached is the author, Calvin Demmer, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Demmer/e/B00P96CDYQ

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment