Sunday, February 6, 2022

Black Diamond Death (Sloane Monroe #1) by Cheryl Bradshaw


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Skiing Sleuth" Stars

Mysterious Tension!

A small taste of what lies within:

Sloane Monroe is a private investigator and when a woman by the name of Audrey hires her to find out what happened to her sister, Charlotte, Sloane thinks it is a closed case as the coroner's report states that Charlotte was in a skiing accident.  Audrey convinces Sloane that it was no accident as Charlotte had plans to meet up with Audrey and Charlotte had information that could break something wide open, but the chance never came for Charlotte to reveal all as she ended up dead on the slopes. 

Sloane is hesitant to even try to investigate a case that looks to be "cut and dried" but Sloane decides that it couldn't hurt to check a few things out so she begins her investigation. She ends up stepping on toes at the police department with the Chief and a couple of other detectives, but she wants to see if there is anything to what Audrey is saying about her sister.

As time goes on, Sloane finds out there is something going on and then she has a prime suspect that could have killed Charlotte, but then he ends up dead, which sends Sloane into a tailspin as if the prime suspect is dead then who killed Charlotte. Sloane is now walking on eggshells trying to discover who it could be and hoping that she does not become a target herself.

That is about all I can give on a taste without giving away spoilers, so if you want to learn more than you will need to read the book!


Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author within a crime fiction series. I have read this author before in a paranormal suspense series and really liked her writing style. This book reminded me of the series by author, Sue Grafton as I read her books way back in the middle 80's and early 90's. I was very impressed by how quick I was pulled into the storyline as right away something happens and I didn't have time to breathe as the story started to become a snowball rolling down a hill as the more I read the story the more something else seemed to happen. 

I have found a new crime series to sink my teeth into and I didn't realize it but I own all eight books in the series so I can just go from one to the other as I go along. This book did not end on a cliff hanger so it seems the books could be read out of order, but I think I will read them in order anyway as there might be things that happen with the main character. I will eventually step into book two as I am curious to what kind of situation that Sloane Monroe will find for herself next. 

Attached is the author, Cheryl Bradshaw, profile page from Goodreads:

Attached is the author, Cheryl Bradshaw, profile page from Amazon:


Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment