Wednesday, February 16, 2022

They Thirst by Robert R. McCammon

 


🧛🧛🧛🧛🧛

Five "Fatal Fangs" Vamps!

Ancient Evil!


I am not giving my normal backstory so just laying out my thoughts as this tome of a vampire book has quite a few characters that are involved within the story, but I will set out two main characters with thoughts.

Character Thoughts:

Two main characters are:

Prince Conrad Vulcan - Master Vampire of Kronsteen castle. Vulcan wants to take over the city of Los Angeles making the whole city under his rule and eventually to encompass the whole state as he takes in more territory. He wants to show that he is king of the vampires and he will do whatever it takes to see that accomplished.

Andrew "Andy" Palatazin is a homicide detective for the LAPD - there have been a rash of killings that seems to be the work of a serial killer and as he tries to make sense of what is going on with the killings, he is thrown for a loop when he finds out that some cemeteries are missing coffins and then he has an inkling that "something" might be leading him to Kronsteen castle as an ancient evil is no doubt lurking there. 

Book Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author, Robert McCammon. Not sure why I haven't stepped into him long before now, but he was recommended by a few of my Goodreads friends who has given his work high praises, so I decided to step into his work to see those high praises. 

Writing style was great and I was drawn right away into the storyline. I am always looking for some type of vampire book that has the "old school" vampires within and this book really took me in that direction. 

This book was a slow start with introductions of all the characters that lie within so it took awhile for anything to get going with the master vampire character which led to the first half of the book being a struggle with slow pacing, but there was quite a bit of intrigue and suspense as well which was wrapped up with the serial killings and the detective.  

Normally I like my books where something happens within the first few chapters, but there was definitely a "dread" feeling right away as I could feel that something eventually was about to explode with vampire action!


Attached is the author, Robert R. McCammon, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5244478.Robert_R_McCammon

Attached is the author, Robert R. McCammon, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Robert-R.-McCammon/e/B000AP7UZS

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment