Monday, January 31, 2022

Stirred (Jack Daniels #8) by J.A. Konrath and Blake Crouch

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Fight to Survive" Stars


Action Galore!

A taste of what lies within:

Jack Daniels is back in this installment but not as a lieutenant as she retired, but she is still very much in the thick of things as though she is retired the bad guys didn't get that memo! One of the most evil villains that Jack has ever come across (Luther Kite) is back to try and make Jack pay for everything that she had done to him in the past. He is willing to go to "extreme" lengths to make sure that Jack and her friends suffer tremendously with pain and torture. 

Though within this installment, Jack is pregnant - Phineas is the father - Phineas is wanting to marry Jack but she is hesitant as it seems that everyone she loves somehow gets a bullseye on their back from the villains that are chasing her so she is up and down on a decision, but when Luther goes through with an elaborate plan to end all their lives, Jack wishes that maybe she should have agreed to marry Phineas! 

That is about all I can give on a taste without giving away spoilers, so if you want to know more then you will need to read the book! 

Thoughts:

This installment I think was one of the best in the series as there was continuous action throughout the story - lots of tension and nail-biting suspense. I kid you not - I read the last 60% in just a few hours as I could not lay the book down. I even was reading the book till around 3 in the morning - I would sleep a few hours then I would just pick it right back up to continue the story. 

Major twists and turns in this story kept me glued to the pages along with more quips and humor by Harry McGlade that kept me laughing. The stuff that comes rolling out of McGlade's mouth keeps me in stitches and it is the only thing in the book that breaks up the tension. I love the humor that is weaved into the storyline as it is definitely an ice breaker. 

This installment was also collaborated with author Blake Crouch as Luther Kite is his character in the Andrew Z. Thomas books, so this installment was extra special as I was able to have the best of both worlds in this book. The ending in this book had a major twisted revelation that sent me careening at a high rate of speed toward the end of the book. 

Now I am going to have to read Rum Runner next which is book #9 in the series and hopefully will be jumping into that book this coming month sometime as this book sort of ended on a cliff hanger and I need to see what happens next. I don't want no grass to grow under my feet for the next installment so I better get to it as soon as I can! lol 

Highly recommend this series and if you have not read this series then you are missing out! :)


Attached is the author, J.A. Konrath, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/137270.J_A_Konrath

Attached is the author, J.A. Konrath, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/J-A-Konrath/e/B000BCH4EM

Attached is the author, Blake Crouch, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/442240.Blake_Crouch

Attached is the author, Blake Crouch, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Blake-Crouch/e/B001H6U8X0

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4047757357

No comments:

Post a Comment