Thursday, January 20, 2022

Wrath (The Faithful and the Fallen #4) by John Gwynne


πŸ›‘️πŸ›‘️πŸ›‘️πŸ›‘️πŸ›‘️

Five "Epic Battle" Shields

Wow! An Epic Battle End!

Thoughts:

So much happens in this last book that it is best not to single out characters that play their roles within as there is just too many things going on at the same time within this story. 

With this being the last book the war of the Banished Lands is more fierce and there is lots more fighting and death that abounds within these pages. All races within this story choose their sides and they all come together in one epic battle trying to end this war so peace can once again reign upon the Banished Lands. 

The main characters that I have been reading about through all the books are making their last stand against the evil foes that are wanting to lay waste to their home and family. Evil and Good clash together in this last book which sparks the dark and light trying to out do each other as the battle rages on. 

The author, John Gwynne, brings each thrust of a blade and a shield to life on these pages along with tons of blood and broken bodies that lie within. The pace is fast and swift with hardly no let up as with this last book it is just one big battle. I literally read the last 50% of the book within about six hours almost reading straight through as I just could not lay the book down! Too much going on with the storyline and I was too keyed up to the point I felt that I was in the battle right along with the characters. 

There is quite a bit of emotion wrapped within this book too as some characters are not left standing at the end, but I knew that some would fall by the battle side because not everyone will be walking off into the sunset. 

At some point in time I will be stepping into more series by this author as I want to see what else he has out there for me to get entangled within. For now I will rest and recoup after that long and arduous quest into the Banished Lands. 


Attached is the author, John Gwynne, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5898355.John_Gwynne

Attached is the author, John Gwynne, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/John-Gwynne/e/B00A7RL2X0

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2267257069


No comments:

Post a Comment