Tuesday, September 21, 2021

The Horror at Criven Farm by Amy Cross

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Sinister Spooky" Stars

This was a crazy and wild horror romp!

A small taste of what lies within:

Phil and Grace are looking for a new place to call home, but when they come upon a house in the woods that is abandoned with electricity and water still turned on they decide to just make themselves at home and settle in. What they don't know is someone is keeping an eye on them and the house is not abandoned like they think. When the crap hits the fan they are going to know it, but will they be able to survive it? 

That is about all I can give on a small taste as you will need to read my full review on Goodreads.

Thoughts:

I am always curious what this author has in store for me next when I read her books as sometimes I am plopped right down into the middle of a sticky situation and sometimes I have to crawl through mud to get to the point of the story. 

This was one of those "mud-crawlers" as this book started off as a slow burn which took me to about the halfway point. Normally I would throw in the towel by the 35 to 45% mark, but I was just drawn to where this story was going and I had questions of why things were happening within the story, so I just decided to stick it out. I am happy that I stuck with the story as past the halfway point of the book it literally took off into an action packed zone of craziness that kept me flipping through my kindle at the speed of light! Another great book by author, Amy Cross! 


For my full review of the book, The Horror at Criven Farm, by author, Amy Cross, please see my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3589748815

Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5344482.Amy_Cross

Attached is the author, Amy Cross, profile page from Amazon:

2 comments:

  1. Nice review, Marie. I'm hoping very soon I'll be giving one of Amy Cross' works a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeffrey! Cross has plenty to choose from that is for sure! :)

      Delete