Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Devil's Island by Mark Lukens


 πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»

Five "Macabre Manor" Stars


Wow! I was impressed with this haunted story and it was my first time reading this author as well!

A small taste of what lies within:

A Hollywood producer gathers a team of ghost hunters together and takes them to Devil's Island where they will be locked down for 48 hours inside of a haunted manor that has been known to strike fear in people to the point that no one wants to stay at the manor.

That is about all I can give on a small taste as you will need to read my full review on Goodreads.

Thoughts:

This story drew me right in as I figured I would just read a couple or so chapters before going to bed one night, but instead I read more than a couple as the writing style of this author was smooth and entrapped me into his world right away. There was a slow buildup of the story at first as the author brought all the characters together, but once they arrived at the island and started investigating the manor is when the book picked up speed! 

The more things that happened within the story, the faster I read the book! The last 40% of the book I read within 24 hours as things were happening fast from chapter to chapter that I had a hard time putting the book down. Will be pursuing more books by this author as I have added another author to my "horror" list. 


For my full review of the book, Devil's Island, by author, Mark Lukens, please see my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2000253940

Attached is the author, Mark Lukens, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7309096.Mark_Lukens

Attached is the author, Mark Lukens, profile page from Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment