Monday, August 5, 2024

Deep Rising (1998)

 


My Rating

πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€


Streaming service: Tubi

Year of Movie: 1998

Main actors: Treat Williams, Famke Janssen, Kevin J. O'Connor, Wes Studi, Anthony Heald

Storyline:

A group of heavily armed hijackers board a luxury ocean liner in the South Pacific Ocean to loot it, only to do battle with a series of large-sized, tentacled, man-eating sea creatures who had already invaded the ship.

Thoughts:

I don't remember seeing this movie before but it had tons of jump scares when the characters get on the ship as there was tons of suspense as the movie moves along. There was quite a bit of tension build up as I didn't know what to expect as everything played out. 

I really liked all the characters in this movie as there was lots of sci-fi action. Through it all I was riveted to the TV as I snacked along on some chips which probably wasn't the best idea when some of those jump scares almost made me choke on my chips! lol  Maybe I should eat soft cookies next time around! lol

I love watching anything that has Famke Janssen starring in it as I love watching her in movies. So this movie was a real treat! 

All in all I thought it was a great movie with the right amount of action, suspense, scares, and the unknown looming of what would happen next! Gave this movie five skull stars for keeping me locked into my cozy chair throughout the movie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment