Monday, June 10, 2024

The Invited by Jennifer McMahon

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Spooky Suspense " Stars


Haunting Mystery!

A small taste of what lies within:

Nate and Helen leave the city life and move to a small town in Vermont. They decide to build a home instead of buying one so that they can design it the way they want. Helen decides that she wants "pieces of the past" added to the house as they build it from the places around the town, but what they both do not realize is that the past weaves itself into the present as the town holds a deep dark history that will come crashing into the lives of Nate and Helen as Helen brings more of the past into the new house!

That is about all I can give out with a small taste without giving away spoilers so if you are intrigued then go read this book!

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author, but I have been wanting to read this book for a long time as I have owned this book for quite awhile. I love a good ghost story with all the haunting shivers that normally is associated with spooky stories.  This book rates up there with the best of them as this book was one creepy and haunting tale! 

Loved all the characters in this one - main characters and supporting characters. I love how the author goes deep into the background story of the town setting as the descriptions of everything jumps right off the page. The haunting itself that is wrapped within the book was a spooky tale that kept me up some nights reading the story as I didn't want to go to sleep so I just kept turning the pages to see what would happen next! Looking forward to reading more books by this author.


Attached is the author, Jennifer McMahon, profile page from Goodreads:

Jennifer McMahon

Attached is the author, Jennifer McMahon, profile page from Amazon:

Jennifer McMahon

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

2 comments: