Friday, June 21, 2024

A Shadow on the Wall by Jonathan Aycliffe

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Spooky Shivers" Stars


Creepy Haunting Mystery!

A small taste of what lies within:

Time era of story: 19th century England

Richard Asquith an antiquarian and Cambridge professor becomes wrapped up with a tomb that is discovered under an ancient church. Edward Atherton along with some workers were restoring parts of the church when the tomb is discovered and they open it to see what is inside but they do not realize that they released a great evil and when Edward ends up missing, his brother Matthew comes calling for the help of Richard hoping that he can help him find out what happened to his brother and to solve the mystery of the tomb beneath the church!

That is about all I can hand out on a small taste, so if you are intrigued then go read this book!

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading this author and I have owned this book for a few years now. I loved the gothic setting of the story and the detailed descriptions of the background story for that time period as the author made me feel like I had been whisked away to that time era. 

Loved all the characters in this story and the story was written in such a way that it just pulled me straight into the story line. There was a deepening mystery and a haunting tone that stayed with me for most of the book and there were lots of creepy and spooky shivers up my spine while reading this book which made me want to snuggle down more into my cozy chair as I was starting to get creeped out! Looking forward to reading more by this author as it seems he has a few more books out there to read. 


Attached is the author, Jonathan Aycliffe, profile page from Goodreads:

Jonathan Aycliffe

Attached is the author, Jonathan Aycliffe, profile page from Amazon:

Jonathan Aycliffe

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment