Saturday, March 30, 2024

Close Your Eyes by J.A. Konrath

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Bug Horror Invasion" Stars


Bug Bites Galore!

A small taste of what lies within:

Duncan VanCamp along with his buddies Stu and Chuck want to go fishing out on the lake where Duncan had been when he was a kid. By the time they get out there Duncan sees a small clearing out in the marshy area that looks like a good spot so he takes the boat in through the reeds.  

One thing after another starts happening that involves bugs of all kinds and when the bugs start attacking the friends is when everything goes to hell in a handbasket quick as the bugs are wanting more than blood from the friends they are wanting to literally eat them alive! 

That is about all I can hand out on a small taste so if you want to know more then go read this book!

Thoughts:

This was a wild ride into the horror recesses of Konrath's mind! I wasn't quite prepared for some icky and gross stuff that happens in this novel even though the author gives a warning in the first part of the book about what is coming but yet I thought to myself "how bad can it be as this is Konrath"  - well I was in for a rude awakening! lol   This book goes deep into body horror with all the graphic details that I was itching and scratching through most of this book!

I won't be looking at bugs quite the same way now after reading this book and I think I probably should have kept some bug spray on hand while reading as maybe I could have sprayed away the images in my head after reading this story! 


Attached is the author, J.A. Konrath, profile page from Goodreads:

J A Konrath

Attached is the author, J.A. Konrath, profile page from Amazon:

J A Konrath

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment