Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Evidence of Love: A True Story of Passion and Death in the Suburbs by John Bloom and Jim Atkinson

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟

Four "Horrific Crime" Stars

Thoughts:

I am not doing a small taste on this book so I am just giving out my thoughts. 

This story I had never heard of before as it happened in the early 80's and I wasn't watching the news much back then as I had my head buried in books. This was a horrific crime between two friends (Candy Montgomery and Betty Gore). Candy was accused of killing her friend Betty and it was all wrapped around an affair between Candy and Betty's husband Alan.

This story goes into lots of details of what took place up to the point of the murder and I felt the author did a good job on getting all the details of not only what happened but how it all came together along with what took place at the trial. This is a big book - near 400 pages - there is tons of information of everything that happened and everyone's lives that are involved. I thought that the pace of the book was slow and fast as some parts of it dragged along with all the information whereas other parts of the book moved fast. 


Attached is the author, John Bloom, profile page from Goodreads:

John Bloom

Attached is the author, John Bloom, profile page from Amazon:

John Bloom

Attached is the author, Jim Atkinson, profile page from Goodreads:

Jim Atkinson

Attached is the author, Jim Atkinson, profile page from Amazon:

Jim Atkinson

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review


2 comments:

  1. That title makes it look like a chilling read, uff. Interesting find Marie!

    ReplyDelete