Wednesday, November 8, 2023

The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James


 πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

Five "Ghostly Suspense" Stars


Creepy Haunting! 

A taste of what lies within:

A ghost hunter, Alistair Gellis is in a pickle as his assistant Matthew Ryder is out of town and Alistair needs help on a ghost hunting adventure to the town of Waringstoke so he hires Sarah Piper from a temporary agency to help him. As luck would have it though Matthew Ryder does make an appearance at the last minute but it is decided that Sarah can just go along to be with them since Alistair is paying for her to be there. 

When they get to Waringstoke and meet with the client Mrs. Clare, she tells them that she needs her barn to be cleansed of a ghost but when they try to do just that the ghost does not want to leave the barn as something is keeping her there and Alistair, Matthew, and Sarah will have to find out why the ghost is hanging around and what happened for the ghost to be haunting the barn. The mystery deepens when they all find out there is a lot more going on then everyone originally thought as the ghost of Maddy Clare is on a revenge rampage and they will need to find out what secrets are lying in wait for them in the town of Waringstoke! 

That is about all I can give out on a small taste without giving away spoilers so if you find your curiosity piqued then go read this book!

Thoughts:

Wow! I loved this story! The mystery of the haunting of Maddy Clare just slowly took shape the more I became involved in the story. The author slowly builds up the mystery and suspense of the story as she also unfolds of why there is a haunting. It takes awhile though for the haunting mystery to be solved but the atmospheric tones of the story just drew me right in to the book. 

I also loved all the characters - the main characters of Alistair, Matthew and Sarah just meshed together and I felt at times that the story was wrapped within the gothic genre. The setting of the story is not too long after the first World War and you can feel the times of that era as things happen within the book. 

Sometimes I felt that I was right there with the characters as things were happening and for an author to be able to pull you into their world where it feels like you are experiencing the feelings of the characters and the world they live in never ceases to amaze me. I tuned everything out while I was reading this story and was carted away to that time era. The haunting itself also slowly builds up to a crescendo and the last 40% of the book I just could not put the book down! I do have to say though there are a few steamy romance scenes dotted here and there within the story but other than that the story kept me held in suspense with lots of haunting mystery woven within.  Another great book by this author and looking forward to reading more of her work!


Attached is the author, Simone St. James, profile page from Goodreads:

Simone St. James

Attached is the author, Simone St. James, profile page from Amazon:

Simone St. James

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review


No comments:

Post a Comment