Thursday, July 20, 2023

The House on Cold Hill by Peter James

 


πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»

Five "Frightening Ghost" Stars!


Boo Spooky!

A small taste of what lies within:

Ollie and Caro Harcourt along with their young daughter, Jade, move from the city to the country into an old mansion that seems to be falling apart. Ollie and Caro know they will need to put lots of love and care into the old place but they are willing to make a go of it if they want to make the mansion their home. 

Though unbeknownst to the Harcourts they soon realize that they are not alone in the home as something else is already there as within just a few days things start happening in the mansion. An old woman ghost appears and disappears - footsteps are heard throughout the place - phantom drafts whisk through the hallways to the point that the family is in fear of what will happen next. But the mansion is nowhere done with them as whatever forces are in the house are about to amp up the haunting which will really drive fear into the Harcourts lives!

That is about all I can give on a small taste so if you want to know more then go read this book!

Thoughts:

First time reading this author as I came across this book from a Goodreads advert that popped up on their website and the haunting tale of the story just grabbed me so I thought I would give it a go. I am so happy that I did as I love a good haunting story and this one delivers on all fronts! 

This spooky tale of a haunted house just seeped into the core of my being and kept me wrapped within its pages for a few days. The haunting doesn't take long to get started and the author keeps the slow suspense building up with tiny things happening at first till finally a full scale haunting that took me on a spooky ride! 

There is a sequel to this book which I need to read at some point and will look forward to getting back to what happens next with this haunting. 


Attached is the author, Peter James, profile page from Goodreads:

Peter James

Attached is the author, Peter James, profile page from Amazon:

Peter James

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

My Review


No comments:

Post a Comment