Tuesday, February 28, 2023

A Time of Dread (Of Blood & Bone #1) by John Gwynne


⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

Five "Sword Action" Stars!


Fast Paced Action & Suspense!

I am just going to lay thoughts out instead of doing a small taste as there is quite a bit of moving parts in this story with main characters and villains that it would be hard to go into great detail of what takes place without giving away spoilers. 

Thoughts: 

I loved the first series of the Banished Lands and reading this series felt like coming home! There are more characters to love (Drem, Riv, and Sig) as each one of them evolves in this story. The author once again has a chapter rotation for the characters and what each one goes through as they find out that the Banished Lands are being threatened with dark forces rising and all of them have a part to play within this story. 

This story has triumphs and defeats - once again there is an emotional upheaval with things that take place in the story. I felt that this book read fast for me - I have seen a few reviews saying it was a slow burn but I didn't feel that - if anything I thought it was fast paced and things happen right away when first reading the story. 

This series is connected to the first series as things are mentioned from the previous books and there are some revelations within this story that breaks things wide open later in the book concerning the characters. 

Another book to love and I will be continuing on with the rest of the series soon.  I want to find out what will happen next for the characters on this journey into the Banished Lands.

Once again I can say this with a sword raised high: Truth and Courage! 


Attached is the author, John Gwynne, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5898355.John_Gwynne

Attached is the author, John Gwynne, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/John-Gwynne/e/B00A7RL2X0

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4679057453

No comments:

Post a Comment