Friday, January 20, 2023

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill


πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»πŸ‘»

Four "Haunting Hell" Ghosts

Twisted Spooks!

A small taste of what lies within:

Judas Coyne a retired death metal rock star likes to collect unique horror items and he is always looking for something new to add to his collection. He learns that there is a dead man's suit for sale on the internet that has a ghost attached to it. So how can he refuse to not add that to his collection as that would be an unique addition, so he buys it without a second thought. 

Though when the suit arrives in a "heart shaped box" and Judas tries to figure out how he is going to display it the suit becomes "active" as now Judas is being stalked by the ghost and when Judas decides to find out more about the ghost stalker he learns more than he wanted to know about the suit's previous owner which will send him on a roller coaster ride into hell!

That is about all I can give on a small taste without giving away spoilers, so if you want to know more of what happens then you will need to read this book!

Thoughts:

This was my first time reading author, Joe Hill, and yes I know I probably should have read him sooner but there is just so many authors to step into that I just had not got around to reading him yet  - till now.  

This was a great spooky story and I was captured right away with the premise of a ghost attached to an article of clothing. I loved the character Judas and felt bad for him as he tried to endure the ghost along with the haunting in his house. The story kind of reminded me of a few true ghost stories I have read about "haunted objects" and how they affected people that bought them. 

This book was a fast page turner as it takes off right away - there is hardly any world building as the author, Joe Hill just throws you right into the story and once the story fully kicks in I was holding my breath through some of it as I wasn't sure what would be happening next! Looking forward to reading more by this author and I felt that even though he has his own style of writing I could feel that "King family" vibe to it. 


Attached is the author, Joe Hill, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/88506.Joe_Hill

Attached is the author, Joe Hill, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Joe-Hill/author/B001IGSNRW

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5070800697

No comments:

Post a Comment