Sunday, January 15, 2023

Children of the Dark by Jonathan Janz

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Gory Greatness" Stars

Horror Thriller Tension!

A small taste of what lies within:

Will Burgess and his friends are trying to cope with life in general, but they seem to have other worries when legends become all too real for their town of Shadeland as creatures that live in the caverns surrounding the town start making their presence known. On top of that, a serial killer has escaped and he is also making his way toward the town which when everything comes together it is going to become survival for the town of Shadeland and lots of blood running through the streets! 

That is about all I can give on a small taste as if you want to know more then you will need to read the book!

Thoughts:

This was my first book by this author as I read this book back in 2017 and haven't forgotten what a great book it was too! This is what set me on my "Janz" path into his works. 

I also just did a reread of the book too as I have Jonathan over in in my Goodreads group, Nightmares and Dreamscapes this month (March 2024) and this book was just a great the second time around! 

The story of the book is wrapped around a "coming of age" theme that resonates throughout the book but also brings the horrors alive on the page as the kids in the town have to confront more than just bullies. There was a little world building in the beginning of the book, but then things start happening quickly and it all goes to hell in a handbasket quick as the pace picks up along with some edge of the seat tension!

I am looking forward to the sequel that is coming out soon too as I want to find out what happens next in this story. 


Attached is the author, Jonathan Janz, profile page from Goodreads:

Jonathan Janz

Attached is the author, Jonathan Janz, profile page from Amazon:


Attached is my Goodreads review:

No comments:

Post a Comment