Friday, August 19, 2022

The Exorcist's House by Nick Roberts

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Scary Demonic" Stars

Spooky Chiller!

A taste of what lies within:

Daniel Hills along with his wife, Nora and their daughter Alice decide to leave Ohio and move to rural West Virginia where Daniel buys an old farmhouse.  They love the peacefulness of the farm and the quiet of being out in the country. 

When they start exploring the house they find some "interesting" things within the old farmhouse including a secret room that has an old well that is covered and has crosses around it. Daniel also finds trunks that are locked and pushed back into the corner of the basement. When opened they find a lot of old clothing but one trunk holds something entirely different - old vhs tapes and tons of journals which the family finds out belonged to an Exorcist that had once lived in the house. 

When Daniel becomes too curious with the well room and decides to open the well is when the crap hits the fan as what lies within the well has been longing to get out and now that it is set free there will be hell to pay! 

That is about all I can give on a taste without giving away spoilers, so if you want to know more then you will need to read the book! 

Thoughts:

This book was one of the scariest books I have read in a long time! First time reading this author and I was impressed with the pace of the story. It literally kept my insomnia fueled as I made my way through the story. 

I loved the slow buildup with the story but something does happen right away to give a taste of what is to come but then the suspense is built up slowly to give just enough taste to keep you reading.  From the moment with the discovery of the well and the old trunks belonging to an Exorcist, I knew then that I was going to be seeing some series stuff and it was coming as I could feel it picking up speed within the story as things go from peaceful and serene to chaos and hellfire!

This book definitely kept me on my toes and also kept me so wrapped up within the story that everything disappeared around me. There are quite a few "jump scares" in this book too and one night when my cat darted past my chair it spooked me so bad that I about came up out of the chair as I thought it was shadows moving in my room. πŸ˜†  That is what I get for reading a scary book in the dark plus for even better atmosphere reading the book after midnight on my kindle. 

So if you want to be scared out of your wits and you want a book that will keep you encased in fear then go grab this book as you will not be disappointed. I truly think that this book would make an awesome horror movie as the fear and the scares of this story would be perfect up on the big screen.  Another horror author added to my list of discovered authors! Looking forward to reading more books by this author. 


Attached is the author, Nick Roberts, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/22378485.Nick_Roberts

Attached is the author, Nick Roberts, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Nick-Roberts/e/B084QG2HB4

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment