Friday, August 12, 2022

Soul Catcher (John Decker #0.5) by Anthony M. Strong

 


🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Five "Sinister Shadow Cult" Stars


Scary Statue!

A taste of what lies within:

John Decker, a homicide detective, investigates a grisly scene where a man (Daniel) was killed by torture in his home. Decker is about to go down a mysterious and dangerous path of finding out how the man died which leads Decker to a woman Egyptologist Emma Wilson as whoever tortured and killed the man was after something particular - a statue of Anubis. 

When Decker learns from Emma that Daniel was someone she knew and had worked with in the past on archeological digs, Decker becomes suspicious but things are turned topsy turvy when the people that killed Daniel go after Emma and almost kill her.  

Decker decides the best way to keep Emma safe is to let her stay with him while he tries to track down the criminals but not all is going to be tied up with a neat bow as the criminals that Decker is hunting are an Egyptian shadow cult that will do anything to acquire the statue of Anubis and they will stop at nothing to acquire it even if it means killing everyone in their path! 

Thoughts:

Wow! This story just took off like lightning! I have been wanting to read this series for a long time but just had not been able to get around to it yet....until now. I have owned the first couple of books for awhile and the series will pop up once in awhile across my Goodreads feed reminding me that I need to read the series. I finally decided to step into it and I am wondering now what took me so long to read it. 

Very impressive story and the deep mystery of the story just took off at a fast pace! I loved the characters, John Decker and Emma Wilson - I found Decker to be a no nonsense type of character and I really like the character, Emma as well. I was planning on just reading a couple of chapters and ended up reading near 40% of the book in one sitting. 

I literally read this story in 24 hours as I just could not put it down! This book was the prequel to the actual series and I already have the first book ready to go on my current read list over on Goodreads. I am planning on trying to read this series back to back as there are quite a few books in the series. From what I have gathered all the stories are stand alone but looking forward to what John Decker has to tackle next! 


Attached is the author, Anthony M. Strong, profile page from Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14779336.Anthony_M_Strong

Attached is the author, Anthony M. Strong, profile page from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Anthony-M-Strong/e/B019L8RBBC

Attached is my review from Goodreads:

No comments:

Post a Comment